There are a few things I look for in a good side dish recipe:
1. Can be made ahead of time
2. Will be enjoyed by people who have varying tastes
3. I like it
4. It’s not baked beans
This Antipasto Salad recipe fits the bill and more. It is tasty, flavorful, feeds a large crowd, holds up for more than one day. Making it is as easy as opening up a few jars, doing some chopping, and mixing together.
Serving Size: Scoop
16 oz. jar mild pepperoncini, drained
12 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
8 oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into thin strips
6 oz. can pitted black olives, drained
12 oz. non-dairy mozzarella, cubed
1/4 lb. sliced pepperoni, cut into strips
1/3 c. non-dairy Greek dressing
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until everything is well mixed and coated in dressing. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to two days before serving.
- You can substitute dairy cheese for the non-dairy kind used in this recipe.
- When using non-dairy cheese, make it a day ahead so that the cheese has time to take on some of the other flavors. Trust me, it is better that way.
- Be careful when buying pepperoncini – there are both mild and spicy varieties.
- If you find that you’re serving up a larger than expected crowd, add chopped romaine right before serving to increase the yield.
Estimated Calories: 255 cal/serving
Print it: Antipasto Salad